- We have a contender for the County Spelling Bee - Intermediate Student Jensen Clark
- We had a total of 45 Perfect Attendance students for our 100th Day of Attendance and recognized them in front of the entire student body at our Got Choice assembly on the 100th day. Telesis never encourages students to come to school ill, but we certainly want to recognize students who do manage to get there every day. Attendance is the key to your child's success!
- I have been horored with the nomination by the Telesis staff, or Telesis Team as I like to call them, for the first ever Living Magazine's 2013 Woman of the Year. The amazing surprise is that I got it! I am humbly grateful for the amazing people that make up the great staff at Telesis. All are dedicating their lives to doing positive things for kids.
- We are on track to add a long-awaited gymnasium to our campus, plus four additional classrooms. Construction to start soon!
- Early Elementary teachers jumped right in to exercise the Telesis Philosophy of individualization and our motto "Challenge without Frustration" by rearranging student placement so that students can have the best opportunities to learn. That's what Telesis is all about!
- Our anonymous donors for our Palm Springs Get-Away have offered their luxury vacation home once again to allow a great fundraising opportunity, so one lucky ticket-purchaser will get a 3-day stay of your choice in this beautiful, recently remodeled home in Palm Springs. Drawing to be held March 14th and you don't have to be present to win. Only 250 tickets will be sold. Get yours today!
- Our first semester performing arts class performed Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, a production with lots of dialog, at the GraceArtsLive Theatre and Grace Ann, our drama teacher, and Jason Fallis, our vocal teacher, and I couldn't have been prouder how they rose to the occasion to make a spectacular evening for the audience to enjoy and appreciate their hard work and last-minute burst of confidence. Congrtulations to the cast!
- Telesis teachers and I initiated a new narrative process which was more challenging than anticipated, but we've pulled through it and narratives are soon ready to go out to patient parents who are waiting to know how their children performed during first semester in all classes and subject areas.
- Last, but not least, National School Choice Week was wonderful with our kickoff assembly including guest speaker Dr. Marv Lamer, Arizona’s Associate Superintendent of Highly Effective Schools, sharing memories of how Telesis has grown from 9 students 21 years ago to the current enrollment approaching 500 today. All our students whose families chose a quality education at Telesis! Every student received a tiger arm band which states, "I Choose Telesis." The Telesis Cheerleading Squad and Tiger Mascot prepared a Got Choice Cheer at my request at the very last minute and performed it for all of us at the assembly. Thank you as it added pizzazz to what was already an exciting day to kickoff an exciting week. After the assembly every student tied a gold ribbon to the fence to spell out TELESIS to indicate their choice for a quality education.
Thursday, January 31, 2013
National School Choice Week
As we wrap up National School Choice Week 2013, I couldn't be prouder of our students, our staff, and our school. So many accomplishments, I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll just list them here in random order.